Monday, January 28, 2008

10 Best Guitarists

I thought I would continue the countdown progress per Derek's advice; so here is my opinion of the best 20 guitarists ever.

1. Jimi Hendrix- Jimi Hendrix Experience (Notable guitar work: Voodoo Child (Slight Return),
Are You Experienced, May This Be Love)

2. Eric Clapton- Cream, Derek and the Dominos, Solo (Notable guitar work: Layla, Bell-Bottom Blues, Strange Brew)

3. Jimmy Page- Led Zeppelin (Notable guitar work: Stairway to Heaven, Immigrant Song, The Ocean, EVERYTHING of Led Zeppelin)

4. David Gilmour- Pink Floyd (Notable guitar work: Comfortably Numb, Echoes, Shine on You Crazy Diamond, Dogs, and Money)

5. Robert Johnson- Solo (Notable guitar work: Stones in My Passway, Ramblin on My Mind, Me and the Devil Blues)

6. B.B. King- Solo

7. Tom Morello- Rage Against the Machine, Audioslave

8. Johnny Greenwood- Radiohead (Notable guitar work: Paranoid Android, Electioneering, The Bends)

9. George Harrison- The Beatles, Solo (Notable guitar work: While My Guitar Gently Weeps, She Said She Said, And Your Bird Can Sing)

10. Trey Anastasio- Phish (Notable guitar work: You Enjoy Myself)

No comments: